Thursday 2 May 2013

Day 2: Spring is here...


But this evening I am not really feeling its joys. Traipsing across London with an incredibly heavy A1 portfolio, with no strap or handle, did something to dent them for me. I’m exhausted, my new blouse ripped and my hands are still sore and stinging.

But I got to see a very dear friend, which made the trek worth it! And eating Ben and Jerry’s whilst watching the boats go past and the sunlight on the Thames, and listening to the soft lapping of the water, is a perfectly delightful spring-time activity. So perhaps things are not so very gloomy!

And tomorrow, Spring’s 43rd day if my calculations are correct (which in all probability they are not; maths has never been my forte) I have another day to appreciate the Season that seems to have only really just arrived! Though it seems Spring may not be with us along, so I suppose we had best enjoy her company while she remains with us.

For me, Spring means dressing optimistically and proceeding to shiver for the rest of the day; watching lambs in the farmer’s field next door, and coveting them; admiring the blossom on the trees and the new flowers in the wood; and having a good old sort out! When ever I think of spring cleaning I think of Mole from ‘The Wind in the Willows’ white washing his walls, which is a very comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...