Sunday 19 May 2013

Day 19: Traditions


I think that the traditions in my family must be so deeply ingrained as 'accepted happenings' that I can’t for the life of me identify any of them. (Apart from Easter and Christmas, which are obvious!) For me, the hardest thing is coming to terms with the changes in your life that mean traditions evolve, change or come to an end. Different people become a part of them, others leave. Easter this year was a bit of a tough one; the first without my Grandpa. Every Easter we would go to stay with my Grandparents, go on egg hunts, walks on the beach, make Easter gardens. But even when you are doing those same things, they are different when someone is no longer there. So you make new traditions, but sometimes it's just hard to let go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...