Wednesday 22 May 2013

Day 22: Dear Jenny-at-Thirteen


Dear-Jenny-at-Thirteen,



I don’t really think I should tell you too much about the future, or tell you things to do differently. There are some things we could change, but I you’ll learn a lot from the mistakes and without them I wouldn’t be me and it would be someone else writing to you. Then again, maybe that wouldn’t be a bad thing…who knows? I don’t at least, so think it best not to meddle. Goodness I’m such a rambler!

What I wanted to say, or write to be more accurate, was that I know life sucks right now…but hang in there, things goes up from here, I wish I could let you know that. And show you how the rubbishness at the moment will really shape who you become, I know that’s not a comfort right now, but trust me, it will be worth it. Right now, you might feel like you don’t have any friends, but next year you’ll meet two amazing people who will become your best friends! And there are books and dreams they will be  a huge comfort…just don’t get too lost in them, and don’t forget to live. (Dumbledore knew what he was talking about!) I know that Home feels like a long way away, but just try and appreciate the place you are in right now. You’ll be surprised to know that you’ll miss this one a little one day.

Have more confidence in yourself. Take every opportunity you are given, its cheesy, but the saying’s true that goes ‘you’ll regret more the things you didn’t do in life than the ones you did’ (or something like that). Try not to worry so much about what other people think, easier said than done I know (I’m still working on it) but in the future you’ll wish you’d spent more time making your own opinions than listening to what you thought other peoples were.

I wish I could give you all the answers, but right now I don’t feel that far away from you, I haven’t figured out life yet either. But we’ve got time! Hopefully Jenny-at-Twenty-Five will have some advice for the both of us! But thank you, for going through the rubbish that you did, it’s helped me a lot, just keep looking for the end of the tunnel, there is a light there!

And remember that you are not alone,

Yours, Jenny-at-Nineteen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...